Riding Shotgun

Riding Shotgun
Enjoying a 'safe' tuk-tuk ride to Angkor Wat

4/30/2011

Mini Spring Break

At this moment I am sitting just outside my friends Morgan's dorm room down in New College Floria in Sarasota, Florida. The weather is a perfect 86 degrees with a light breeze coming in from the east. Last night was a Wall Party which is a communal gathering of the student body. Dancing, drinking, and socializing comes together in a great topical atmosphere. While my heart will forever pump purple and gold though my veins coming to this college which boasts a roughly 800 or so student body, has shown me a very different college experience. One which this friendly blogger enjoyed.

Coming from the University of Washington which has an estimated 33,000 students (Our largest classes are equal to New College's entire school size) it is interesting to meet and interact with a small community. I have had no trouble fitting in and am very happy I made this trip down to visit my friend for her birthday.

I got down here on Thursday evening and will be returning Tuesday of next week. Looking forward to the days to come out in the hot Florida sun!

Till next time,

Happy Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment